We have been playing with Play-Doh and sidewalk chalk nearly every day. She asks for donuts and chocolate and to go to the park more times a day than I can count. Her awareness of the kids around her is growing. She loves to pick out her own clothes each day and is just as particular as her mama about what shoes she wears, where the food goes on her plate, and what cup she drinks out of. Zach often says, "Juni, be thankful for your mama," meaning that she has someone on her side who understands that all of these seemingly silly things really do feel important to her, and I know just how she feels, so I try to honor her requests whenever they are reasonably possible. I know some of this is just being a toddler, but I know I felt this way all through my adolescence, and I too am happy to be here, on her side. After all, isn't that what a mama is for?!
Juni and Mama are both excited for the GIANT new box of sidewalk chalk
Juni is becoming quite the little photographer and LOVES taking our old camera for strolls around the house. Juicy is her favorite subject.
Using the booster seat my dad made when I was a little girl.
Close your eyes if you must, but Juni wanted to wear Mama's new bra :)
Out to brunch and Juni took her pants off all by herself :)
She has successfully picked up Juicy a couple of times on her own. It's almost like Juicy knows how happy Juni is so she tolerates it for a minute and then runs away.
She is getting to be quite the professional at putting together the puzzle from Uncle Nels all by herself
"Mama, I read books to Juicy?" Of course!
Juni napping at the hotel
before
before
after! We did it! A half marathon! No walking. No stopping. We crossed the finish line as a strong and healthy family. Juni was as patient as could be. We got up early enough that she slept for probably an hour and a half in the beginning and then was woken up by a razor scooter on the cobbley part of the path. She was a little annoyed at first, but then noticed the water and the people around her, and did okay. The people misting others and the people handing out water were always sweet to ask if Juni wanted some too. The race started and ended at a park so she was able to play some before and after getting stuck in her seat. It really couldn't have gone better!






No comments:
Post a Comment