Saturday, May 17, 2014

It's getting easier....

Every time someone has asked how we are doing since Genevieve was born I always say, "I keep waiting for it to get easier, but it hasn't yet." We struggled, we learned, we grew. We loved, we cuddled, we cried. I'm so thankful to say, It's getting easier. It still feels like we are getting ready for vacation when we go out anywhere, and the thought of another trip home in 6ish weeks makes me so sick I almost have a panic attack, but things are indeed getting easier.

Our last trip home just a couple weeks ago was such a whirlwind mess for me. I felt overwhelmed each morning, day, and night. I had to ask a dear friend to leave when she had only just arrived because my sweet little Juniper had reached her limit and couldn't handle one more "visit." I had to cancel on another dear friend because there just weren't any hours left in the day. And, I had to reschedule another dear friend to time where all we could do was make a bazillion finger sandwiches together for a shower she wasn't even attending.

This every day insanity I became terrified of in my last trimester has become our new normal. Every day still has peaks and valleys, but we have settled into a groove with our new expectations of the day and we're getting through it with fun times and giggles amongst the chaos. I know these baby days won't last long and the moment they are gone, while appreciating all that is and all that is to come, I will still miss them. So, I do my best to soak them up, to take family baths, to all roll around on the bed together and make silly noises, and to kiss their fingers and toes and cheeks (all kinds! Ha!) every chance I get.

Juniper loves to play with and dance with and take care of her baby sister. Genevieve is a super trooper sleeper and having all the intolerance issues figured out from the start has helped all of us tremendously. I have one sweet toddler and one sweet baby. I feel so lucky to be their mama.

I feel like this is an ode to the "It gets better!" campaign. So, special shout out to one expecting her second child soon ;) ...It gets easier, but even in the chaos, it's awfully wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment