Friday, July 10, 2015

Summer Fun, 16 months, 17 months

 We found a Handy Manny talking tool box for sale on a garage sale site and both girls absolutely love it! Juni loves Handy Manny and it is just too fun to watch them all sing and dance in their tool box! If only they were actually real tools too!
 Our park is getting re-done. It was installed in one week, but has been all caution taped up for 3 weeks now :/ So lame. But, thankfully we have lots of other parks close by! This is a park across the street from where we got the lemons. Genevieve now loves to climb the slide too!
 I love finding surprise selfies of this beautiful girl!
 So many shoe choices, what's a girl to do?! :)
 Playing in the water at the sandcastle competition. Do you see the sand on Genevieve's head and that look on Juni's face?!?! Not Sister Love. I didn't even know she did it, until I asked why she had that look on her face. Little stink.

Aunt Barb sent us these super fun crowns with my Pampered Chef order. They were so fun to make. We all had a blast and Juni didn't take hers off for days and still enjoys them in her dress up bin!
More selfie love :)
Surprise rain! Ready for some boot splashing!
 We bought local lemons to make lemonade for ourselves, and for Juni to have her first lemonade stand! We have since bought a second batch, but each time we got 60+ pounds of lemons!!
 Genevieve wanted in on the fun too! I would wash the lemons, then Zach would peel them, and Juni(with Zach) would put them in the juicer so we could freeze/store the juice!
 Juni's fence!
 Mama's Mother's Day cupcakes :)
 Genevieve figured out how to get her shirt over her head :) She was quite pleased with herself! Until she couldn't get it down! Whoops! :)
 She found the cookie butter in the cupboard, and got it open, and LOVED it.... before I found her :)
 16 months!
Strong walker, starting to "run" trot to keep up with her sister
Enjoying stopping to check out all the rocks and leaves and dirt and flowers and textures
saying "cold, hot, noodle, shhhhhh, meow for cat, ooo ooo ah ah for monkey, woof for dog"
She says "good girl" every time she sees Juicy.... we must say that a lot?
Of course still saying "Mama, Papa, Juni, milk, ball" and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting!
Has gone potty in the potty a few times! She will point to her diaper and then run to the potty for us to help her get it off. I need to dig out the training pants so she can wear them while we are at home.
She loves to be outside and will often go to the door and ask to go out. She gets SO MAD when one of us goes outside and don't let her come :/
 Juni trying to pull her along to walk to the car :)


 Wearing Mama's dress from when she was a little girl, without the underlayer (since it was so hot) :)
 Sister Love
Genevieve is very good at avoiding/running away from the camera, so it has become so hard to get pics of her, and especially hard to get pics of her and her sister together!

 What do we do when Mama gets home from work? Attack her!
 Juni got a new tutu-swimsuit to fit her cute butt! :) With a fun matching swim hat!
 Another find from the side of the road! Certainly not trash in our eyes! It was a little dirty, so Juni got a sponge and soapy water in her bucket and cleaned it up!!

 post-nap silliness




 After proudly tucking in her shirt herself :) She wanted me to take a picture of her brushing her teeth!
 Juicy still isn't too sure about this, but she's doing better!
 Ta-da! Zach told Juni he didn't think he'd ever seen a smile so proud as when she sold her first cup of lemonade, I poked HIS cheek, and told him I thought the same! He was so proud of her, making $$$ :)
 Race day! Zach and I chose to do the shorter race (5k) and then Juni could do the kids 1 mile race! She ran it in 9 minutes!! She was so pumped! Zach said she was really trying to pass up all the big kids!! And some she did pass! There was an early turnaround for the "little" kids, but Juni said she was doing the full loop!




 Street Fair! Teacups! We had Juni's lemonade stand the same weekend as the street fair since we get a lot of foot traffic on our street, as the main road is blocked off at our street. We let her pick 2 rides each day (Sat/Sun) and then she used some of her lemonade money on Sunday to go on a couple extra.
 She's up there! By herself! Fearless!
 Genevieve's first milkshake. It was supposed to be Zach's. I'm not sure if he got any ;)
 All the $$ to get her fish with a big tank with a filter with rocks and plants! (she says)
 The stand went over so well, time to juice a second batch!
 My 4th of July Jams!
 And Kristina came to visit us!! With a torn ACL :( BUT we still had LOTS of fun! And even went to Paris ;) See! :) :) :) That's what I asked for, for my birthday! And she made my wish come true!
 This little stinker has been pushing every boundary she can find. I do my best to hug and squeeze her every minute I can. I've lost my patience with her too many times in the past 2 months. She is 4, and it is normal. And I love her more than ever. But some days, I'm surprised she still loves me at the end of the day. Sigh. We do our best.
 Fashionista with her new purse from Kristina
 17 months!
This girl loves her hats and shoes and glasses and necklaces! It is too cute! She'd wear these boots all the time if she could!!
She loves to "Hisss!" for snake and is pointing at EVERYTHING asking what it is! She has been saying face parts for a couple months (eye, nose, mouth, tongue, teeth, ear) and now she is saying knee, hair, and wanting us to say leg, hand, foot, arm, eyebrow, eyelashes, and on and on to ceiling, table, floor, wall, plate.... you get the idea :) :) :) She is soaking it all up!!
 Stopping to smell the flowers!

 Going to the 4th of July parade at the end of our block!


 Sister Love
 SO EXCITED at the parade!
 Also SO EXCITED to be at the parade :)
 "Mama, WHAT are you doing?" :)
 Waiting for the parade-goers to trickle down our street, after the parade
 Kristina had bought this for us while she was here, so we drank it on her and Sean's anniversary, to celebrate them! :)
 That grin that tells me she is just going to do what she wants to do!
 "Mama! Take a picture of me too!"
 The Papa pose. Bringing in Harry Potter books to start reading them to June.
 The next day, while Zach was at work, Juni put on his hat and belt and did the Papa pose! It was too cute!!
 While her pool has been empty she has been pretending to be a turtle! So fun to watch her! I wanted to record her but I couldn't find the video camera :/
 Picking strawberries from Mike and Maura's pots.
That one must not have been quite ripe! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment