Tuesday, January 15, 2013

21 months since Friday

Oh my little sweetheart I just don't know how you keep getting cuter and cuter. I have always known you were a snuggle lover, but this past month you have been loving it even more. My favorite is when you are half asleep and you wrap your arms around my head and neck and lay your face on top of mine, cheek to cheek. As my cheeks smoosh in delight, I smile big, and try to soak in the moment of my sweet little girl getting as close to her Mama as she possibly can. You know what you want, just like you always have, and I'm so thankful that you have so many words now to tell Mama and Papa, so we can help you out when you need it.

Favorite Foods: pretzels, apples, ham, pancakes

Favorite Words: mirror, look, touch, book, have, lap, chair, dance, naked, hiney, diaper, outside, help (when she wants to help us with something) and all of the foods listed above :) She is loving counting and can pretty much count to 6 as we hold up our fingers. Four is sometimes, "Six!" We will often hear her playing with her toys or books and counting or saying the alphabet on her own.

Firsts: made breakfast in bed for Papa, ate a bowl of cereal with (almond) milk and a spoon

 I dug out my Fischer Price playhouse and Juni is OBSESSED :) She is having so much fun with it!
 After Papa told Juni he was going to make lemonade with the lemons and put it in the pitcher, Juni wanted to help, and started putting all the lemons into the pitcher :)
 Playing with Juicy from a safe distance ;)
 Making breakfast in bed for Papa
 Excited to make pancakes for Papa
 "Whoa!" face
 Proud Juni. Papa had left a pad of paper and a pen on the floor the night before and Little Miss discovered it and made this beautiful drawing to squeaks of excitement.
 One of Juni's favorite parts of our walks is to sit on the bench for a minute or two. This day, she climbed up, then exclaimed each vehicle that passed by, "Car! Truck! Car! Car! Truck!"
 Practicing her 'Aloha' for Hawaii in February
 Walking around in Mama's shoes
 Juni has never slept with a blanket, even as a baby. If she didn't have pjs with feet, I couldn't lay anything over her, without her going crazy and kicking it off. Still, now, she does not want a blanket on her. She will get in bed, pull the blanket up, say, "Night, night!" then push the blanket right back down before going to sleep. If I try to sneak it on her when she is asleep, she will wake up instantly and take it off. Since she has been lucky enough to receive so many beautiful quilts, I keep trying to get her to like using them... and because there are cold nights when I know she keeps waking up just because she isn't staying warm enough. Anyway, since Christmas, she has decided that while she sits in her chair and eats her snack, she likes to use a blanket. Yay! She loves her quilt from Grandma that has all different little animals on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment