I told Juni we were going to the grocery store. She said she wanted to go to the farm. I was confused, as when I was little, that meant Grandma and Grandpa's house and Juni has never been to a real farm, so I asked her, "What farm?" to which she replies, "McDONALDS!" Apparently, this child who has been to McDonald's maybe 3 times in her life, and loves french fries, associated the restaurant with the song? Too funny.
When something is sentimental Zach has started telling Juni, "We really need to be careful with this because it is special to Mama/Papa." So, last night, we had a tea party with her owl dishes at bath time to celebrate the news of baby sister and I bumped her plate, causing it to clank a little. Juni's response: "Be careful Mama, these are very special to me." Love it. She gets it. Too cute.
I left the birthday party balloons up on the wall as a memory and as one started to deflate Juni informed me, "Look Mama, the blue one is getting smaller, but the red one is still big!" My little smart cookie. She is noticing tall-short, big-little everywhere she goes.
She has never really named her babies or animals, despite when we ask and encourage her to. However, this week, she names her rainbow bear Couch. She has been referring to him as such since, and he is a boy, not a girl, always.
Favorite Foods: french fries, pluots, breakfast sausage, waffles, blueberries, chips, bubble juice (fruit juice mixed with carbonated water), and eating anything outside, at our table out back or on a picnic
Favorite Words: still, "Come on, it'll be fun," when trying to persuade. "But I wanted to do it :(" "This is my clean diaper," in an attempt to avoid the potty and diaper changes. And if you ask her why she wants/does anything, her answer will be, "Because it makes me happy," in her melodramatic tone. Little stinker, how do you say no to that?!?!
She still loves watching Calliou and painting and singing and Play-Doh, but is pretty block and puzzle obsessed right now.
Firsts: Steam train ride and mani-pedi and can now count to 13
She is always wanting to cuddle, hug, and kiss her baby sister in my belly. She has so much love in her heart I am excited to see how she shares it with her sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment