Yesterday Zach and I had an all day baby class that was supposed to help with breastfeeding, signs of sickness, and other baby care. Once the day was over, neither one of us felt like we learned anything new, but we tried :) Since both of us have babysat so much we had already done most of the simple care tasks. I thought she might be a big help with breastfeeding ideas, but I had already watched some videos online and she just repeated all I had seen in the videos. So, it ended up being a refresher course. A last minute study session never hurts! :)
There were 10 couples in the class. 8/10 were having baby girls. One is due May 3rd, one May 5th, and another baby as well as us due May 2nd! Not that the babies will come on those days, but it was still fun to learn that we were all at the same spot in our pregnancy.
Now we feel like we are getting to the point of tying up loose ends. At this point there isn't really anything else we need, but we do want to get a few things still that we'll pick up in the couple of weeks. We still want to get more cloth diapers and reusable/cotton wipes. So, we keep checking in the second-hand store and grabbing them when we can.
My rocking chair did arrive at the store on Tuesday! Our friend isn't able to help us get it home until this coming Tuesday, but we are so excited it is here!! ...and thankful we have a friend that can help Zach carry it up 3 flights of stairs!!
As we bring more and more stuff in I'm feeling the need to nest and reorganize everything. I'm trying to let things be that are working just fine, but I'm starting to feel a little crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment