Things are still going well here. This past week was full of relaxation and fun. My cousin Kristina came to visit one last time before the baby arrives and we really enjoyed doing the simple things together. We shopped and went to the spa, and just enjoyed the beautiful weather.
I had my "California baby shower" on Sunday and it was great! Zach went along this time and we all got to play more fun baby games and feel the love and support we have from our friends here. It was a nice afternoon and it really made us thankful for the connections we have made. Our friends got us some of our still much needed items and relieved some of the pressure that we were feeling in these last few weeks.
My rocking chair should be here any day. They completed production on it March 11th, so the store here in Alameda should receive it at any time. I can't wait to get it up here and ready for baby and I!! Tonight Zach and I went to Sears and purchased a small portable electric washer and dryer to use in our apartment, and it will arrive in a couple weeks. Everything is really coming together.
The baby is still moving all the time. She has woken me up a few times in the night, but I am still getting fairly decent sleep, so I am enjoying it while I can. I actually feel like I am sleeping better now than I did in the second trimester. I'm not tossing and turning so much and my back is hurting less. I've been having some pretty wicked reflux, but it comes and goes, so I don't have too much to complain about! My center of gravity has changed and I find it quite impossible to walk without waddling, and hurrying has become an impossibility as well. But, as I waddle to and fro nobody seems to mind much and all still gets done that needs to.
The nursery is full of everything except for a little baby. Sometimes we stop in front of the crib and try to imagine what life will be like with her here; I guess we'll find out soon enough!
The nursery is full of everything except for a little baby. Sometimes we stop in front of the crib and try to imagine what life will be like with her here; I guess we'll find out soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment