Tuesday, December 11, 2012

20 months TODAY!

My little Juni-bug, another month has come and gone. You have blossomed this past month even more than ever before. You are becoming more confident with your words, and are getting the hang of interacting nicely with Mama and Papa to let us know what you need, or just to tell us that you love us. I'm so thankful that you still like to cuddle and snuggle and I'll continue to squeeze you tight for as long as you'll let me. You are 2/3 of the way from ONE to TWO! (Big sigh!) My beautiful girl, I can start to see the girl and woman you will become in the way you walk and gesture. I am so proud of you and I look forward to watching you grow.

..........

Favorite foods: Bananas, bananas, bananas! Jello, suckers, and the marshmallows from Papa's cereal. If she sees a banana, she wants it in her mouth, and a piece for each hand, at all times! She is banana-crazy! She had Jello for the first time at Thanksgiving, and then when I was having trouble getting her to eat with her bad cough back home, I made her some here, and she gobbled it up. Of course I don't really like he having the sugar cereals her Papa eats, but she gets a little here and there, but her new favorite is picking the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms.

Favorite words: Apple, Mouse, Please, More more more (that's one word ;>)
My favorite is when I say, "Juni say 'I'..." and she says, "I! love! Mama!" and then of course I say, "Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" and we giggle :) She is throwing out lots of 3 word phrases now.... Lay down here. Read this one. I want this. She will repeat the alphabet back to me, one letter at a time, and has started counting. Anytime she finds two of something, she lets us know, "Two, two, two!"

Some Firsts: Seeing and playing in the snow, jumping, REAL pizza (not fake cheese)

 Believe it or not, mouse was one of her favorite words (because of Juicy's toys) before we got the Advent calendar with the little mouse she gets to move each day, but now it is even more her favorite word. :)
 Running!
 Pretending to be Juicy
 Juicy being Juicy
 But Mama I don't want you to take a picture of me in my pretty new outfit!
 Eating Jello
 After the trip back to Nebraska, she knows who everyone in the pictures are. I have caught her, more than once, standing in front of the frame, saying everyone's name, and pointing them out, "Grandma, Chris, Clancy, Ellie, Lisa...." It is so cute that she really knows and understands now. (Tired eyes; it must have been nap time.)
 one sock, no pants, Papa's hat... rock it girl!
 She put some cheerios and other food into her little pitcher, with a spoon, and brought me her homemade snack to eat :)
dress up in Papa's polo

1 comment:

  1. Hard to choose favorites this time. I had to laugh out loud when she is being Juicy and stretching her whole face because she doesn't want you to take her picture in the polka dot dress. I love it on her..just how I imagined. It also makes me smile to see her running and bringing Mama snacks. She is changing every day. So glad we got to spend special time with her and miss you all every day.

    ReplyDelete