Sunday, February 2, 2014

40 weeks and counting...end of pregnancy wrap up

She's still in there and seems to be as comfy as can be. After never having to wait for Juni to come out, this whole thing has me a little confused. Since 38 weeks I have been at 2.5 cm dilated, and she has been sitting at a -1. From 38 weeks to 39 weeks I went from 35% effaced to 70% effaced. Juni is healed of her cold. The bags are alllllllll packed. Baby's newborn stuff is ready for her to wear for her debut pictures. Our landlords moved in our new-to-us fridge yesterday. (Which sadly means Juni can't get anything out of the fridge on her own anymore, because this one has a freezer on the bottom, but she will be tall enough before we know it, I am sure.)

My biggest cravings:
*bacon
*mustard
*lemonade
*chewy dessert-like things (rice crispie treats, mud pies, indoor smores)

My biggest struggles:
*vertigo the first trimester ALL DAY LONG, and especially from about 3pm into the night
*reflux for a week or two each trimester
*giving Juni my best in the first trimester when all I wanted to do was sleep (we ended up finding some great indoor/sit-down activities that we still have fun with today

My biggest (achievements?):
*no stretch marks! (knock on wood, after my 8 inch wide complete inner-tube around my waste last time
*staying active (still climbing, crawling, running...with Juni :), and feeling strong) We go for a walk each and every day and honestly, I don't feel 40 weeks pregnant. By the end of the day my knees and hips ache a little and I am ready to sit down more frequently than normal, but after going into labor so early the first time, I had imagined "the end" to be so much worse.
*working until 39 weeks





1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo, Baby Williams and I may share a birthday after all??? :D

    ReplyDelete