My little snail whisperer. We did some shuffling around and took our trusty entertainment center outside to sell and moved in a cube display that we got from some friends. Juni started finding snails on our fence and letting them live in the entertainment stand. When I told our landlords we had sold it, they said, "Oh, no! The snail motel is gone!" Juni then took to putting them in a half barrel in the backyard. She has quite the collection and checks on them and plays with them daily.
I have her pre-school pictures in now and need to share them, but I'll probably just bring them back to Nebraska on our next visit, rather than trying to ship them all.
Sister Love
more Sister Love!
Her nut-free, per rules, and dairy-free and egg-free, per little friend's allergies
birthday cupcakes for pre-school!
Fancy butterfly papers with pink and purple icing and candy flowers and butterflies on top!
She had so much fun working on these and was super excited to share them with all of her school friends!
cupcakes for the party!
She chose raspberry lemon flavor this year.
The raspberry filling I made turned out way better than I expected!
It was an olive oil cake and then I used meyer lemons from the front yard to flavor them.
The cake part wasn't my favorite, but Juni LOVED it and everyone else seemed to enjoy it too!
My sweet little Rainbow Unicorn Birthday Girl
She was jealous when Genevieve got to wear a fancy birthday hat for her own birthday, but we told Juni she could have one on her birthday, so she was excited for that. Then, she decided to make her own! And turn it into a unicorn horn! Love, love, love!!!
Her little friends: Juniper, Jasmine, Juliette, Scarlett, Colin
Sissy at the "little" table with Billy who is her age, and Myla, Colin's little sister who is 6 months younger than her.... but I didn't get a picture of them.... whoops! :/
Pin the horn on the unicorn!
Colin is the winner!
I took more clear photos of the cake, but I don't know where they are?
I got the idea of using the ice cream cone from Pinterest, but thought of pulling apart all the Twizzlers for the hair and Juni thought it was a fun idea!! The cake pan left less definition than I wanted, and then when I let Juniper pick the color and she chose light yellow, it looked interesting!! :) Most importantly, she loved the way it looked and tasted and was so excited for it all!
My mom tried 20? times to get a clear shot. At the end of a birthday party day, this is the best we could get!
Juniper's giant balloon bundle. That unicorn balloon was as big as her and just might be the coolest balloon I have ever seen!
Opening her new rock collection box, rock tumbler, and geode kit from Mama and Papa and Genevieve on her actual birthday.
In her birthday dress from Grandma! With the little yard animals she got the girls!
5 years old!!
Her energy level has spiked even more and she wants to be running and going all of the time.
She pretty much lives in the backyard with her snails and her new bike and the little slide I got them on the second-hand site for free.
She draws us pictures all day long, enjoys picking out her and her sister's clothes for the day, loves copying words from the things around her onto paper, and likes to sing and dance, as long as nobody is really watching.
She could eat a pound of squishy bacon all by herself, still loves noodles and sausage and apples and watermelon. After cherry picking she loves ALL things cherry! And has been going crazy over the apricot jam I made. When Zach and I go for the little runs together she always wants apricot jam toast to eat in the stroller along the way.
Her emotions are SO strong as she transitions into an even bigger little human. When getting disciplined she's come up with some creative things to say that she knows will be hurtful, but she has so much love in her heart, often not even five seconds later she will say, still in an angry tone, "You loving-Mama-you!" :) :) :) I have to try so hard not to laugh, because for Juni, that just offends her and does NOT break the tension. We try to have lots of extra love and help her when she wants it. WE are all learning and growing each day together. I'm so thankful for this girl.
strawberries everywhere :)
One last cupcake to sing happy birthday with!
One of the things she got in the box from Uncle Nels and family was astronaut ice cream. She had never had it before and didn't fully understand what it was. So, she got out the ice cream cones out of the cupboard and asked if she could have her ice cream! Too cute! Of course we still made an ice cream cone for her! So fun!
Crackin' geodes!
Laurel, Ray, and Billy gave her this cute kit to make a Fairy Garden!
It even came with little beans and wheatgrass seeds to plant and watch them sprout in the garden!
So. Cute!
She's in love.
The expressions of beef jerkey! Ha!
This is almost the "scared" face!
SO excited to watch Papa put her new bike together. We took her to Toys R Us on her birthday so see all the bikes, then we had it shipped to us, so she knew it was coming and got to pick it out, but to see it in her own backyard was SO cool!!
Princess Juniper-Elsa :)
Can you see that beauty shining from the inside-out?
Modeling her new Ariel swimsuit Mama bought from an online co-op.
Next month she'll start posing for the camera, but this month, she still isn't so sure!
...I don't know why her pants are unbuttoned. She must have gone potty and then I didn't fasten them back up. Oh well. She'd still cute as cute can be!
I love this one so much. This is my Genevieve. I'm sad so many of you don't really know her and since she hides from the camera, it is so hard to capture her, but, THIS is my girl!
Whenever she shows her real smile, she is always in motion.
Beauty just oozing out for all to see!
What? she's just in her swimsuit, with the bow from my box of shoes on her head, playing with my little dollhouse. This is 2.
Juni has been wanting to plan all kinds of parties. This day she wanted to plan a little surprise party for Papa when he got home from work. Papa still had SO much work to do, but there was no way he could crush that spirit!! So, we had a little party at her table in the back yard, all prepared by her, before Papa got back to work.
Her drive to build continues. She drew up a construction plan with markers and then wanted Pops to help her use Mike's scraps of wood from the backyard to build it. She helped where she could and directed Papa where each and every piece went!
Sister Love.
Enjoying the pillow Juniper got from Uncle Nels. She always wants to use it and Juni often says she can't, so she was really enjoying her time with the pillow!!
I bought some sidewalk chalk paint on super sale at Target to use with these painting mitts I had actually gotten for Juni 2 years ago and never used because I didn't have a good way to use them. This was perfect!! You can see some of the prints on the ground next by the lounge chair behind them.
These are such great moments that tell us what your days are like, (at least part of them). Snail Whisperer - I think there's a book in there somewhere, her expression is so peaceful when she has the snails. Genevieve is warming up and letting us see more of the 'real' Genevieve. Keep enjoying the moments.
ReplyDelete