Wowza! So, I didn't blog for 4 months. Bummer! What was I doing? I'm not really sure. Everything? I know I said it before, but I'll say it again, this past year was reallllllllly hard for me. I'm not totally sure why. I think it was a post-partum hormonal swing that left me in a hole. Well, I'm here to tell you, I dug my way out! Life is still chaos. I still lose my mind daily. I'm still working on my volume and tone when I lose my patience with my sweet children. BUT, I'm functioning amongst the chaos. I still can't get the laundy done or the house clean :) but I'm feeling a lot better about the time I'm spending with my children and the little things I actually am getting done along the way!
My laptop had also given up on me. And it was a few months before I got a new one. My new one is too fancy, so fingers crossed, it will last a while!
So, in an effort to update the lives of these two sweet girls, I'm going to post one month at a time.
my little builder!
She loves to save her creations on top of the entertainment center, until they get knocked off and fall apart and she gets mad :)
This girl loves suckers. Though I'm not sure she ever eats one for more than two minutes. That's ok; I'd rather she just enjoy it while she really wants it!
The first time she saw her birthday cake! She wanted to play with the birdie, of course!
Birdseed hearts were so easy to make!
Little nest snacks for her party with carrot shreds and blueberries
Genevieve's birdseed: gummy worm, honey nut Cheerios, dried fruit and seeds
Painting bird houses at Genevieve's party!
So proud! Perhaps my favorite moment of the day was when she was painting. She stopped, held up her birdhouse and said, "Pretty!" and showed it around the table to each person until we all confirmed back to her that it was indeed quite pretty!!
Actual birthday in her birthday dress from Grandma!
At 2 years old, this girl is a hoot! She understands comedy and USES it!!
Her expressions are priceless. She uses these fluttery eyes to squint at you when she doesn't want to listen or is just being silly. Her side eye and stink eye and squeely laugh and giggle and scared face are all so different.... and so entertaining!
When she thinks she should be afraid of something she makes a yikes-like-face with wide eyes and crosses her arms over her chest and says, "Scared!!"
She says so many words and small phrases I couldn't list them all.
Her love is fierce and she gets her heart broken easily.
She adores her sister and is so thankful when Juni shares big girl things with her.
She likes to run fast and play with animals (alive and toys). She loves bubbles and the swings and climbing whatever she can. Picking dandelions could keep her busy for hours!
At this point, she's going potty like a pro. She run in all on her own and makes it happen.
She's transformed from baby to toddler, and I'm still letting it sink in!
My beautiful baby is on to the next phase! Hooray!
Mama and Papa got her a little vet clinic
Juni got her a Doc McStuffins Lambie with check-up tools
Pretty girl is growing up!
The very first time she wrote Juniper instead of Juni with no questions and no prompting.
pre-school at work folks ;)
So proud!
Juni's matching "work socks" with Papa
The first "June-bug" our little Juni ever did see :)
(on her tent outside)
Once Valentine's Day arrived Juni wanted to make cards for EVERYONE, even her Barbie :), and to be honest, the card making hasn't stopped since. She makes them nearly daily.
I'm lucky enough to get 90% of them made for me. I know because she writes "Mama Juniper" on the back of each one! :)
Nevi leading the horse! :)
This girl is so picky! Most of the foods she loves are not good for her. It is a struggle to even get her to eat fruit. She loves oatmeal and rice and noodles and bananas hot dogs and ice cream and fruit snacks and chips!
She would eat chips ALL day long if I would let her!
It makes her so happy to go to the drawer, get out her own measuring cup, go the cupboard and get own her own chips, and fill her cup up!
Valentine fun from Grandma!
2 year check-up!
As her norm, super tall (90 something percent, and mid range head, and low range weight around 15%)
After check-ups we always go to a Haufbrau restaurant. They have a few games and coin machines which really are uncommon out here, so it is a special treat. By playing this pinball like game Zach and I won them these little squinky toys, which just happened to be "our" animals for them, an owl and a fox.
No comments:
Post a Comment