Sunday, May 29, 2016

March (St Patrick's Day, Easter)

 This little lady LOVES Mike and Maura's dog so much. She is always asking to go and see her and and begs to go outside when she hears her bark. Sydney is her friend. Here, she is wanting to go up and see Sydney because she can hear her barking inside their house!
 Showing off Peppa Pig on her outfit. ....She also loves Peppa Pig!
 Cute Sisters
 I used the bun sponge on Genevieve's hair to see if it would work!
She looked like a mini Cinderella!
She only left it in for five minutes, but it was cute while it lasted!!
 Sister Love
I see this site often.
Squishing in the doorway together after getting home from the beach or after playing in the sand at the park, and stripping off their socks, shoes, and sometimes more before coming inside.
 Painting fun!
 We all wore some version of green on St Patrick's Day, or I was sure there would be lots of pinching!
Could they be any cuter?!



Juni made a fun hat at pre-school to wear and I made green pancakes.
The girls were shocked at first, but once they tried them and realized they still tasted "normal" they gobbled them up.

 At the park down by the beach, they had an Easter festival with all kinds of fun activities. That had kangaroo balls, hula hoops, nerf darts to throw through targets, moon shoes, giant soccer balls to kick through hoops, and then a mini "scramble" (the goods aren't hidden, just scattered).
The girls had a ball!


 I found a little dirt cake mix on clearance at Target. Juniper was fascinated!
 Writing her whole name!
 This is the first time Genevieve put her track together all by herself!
 Easter morning at home!
Biting the ears right off of that big bunny.
The one thing Zach wanted to make sure they got, a big chocolate bunny.
I picked the hollow ones so it wasn't too crazy.
Juniper broke pieces of hers off and put it in a little teapot with hot water and orange segments to make "orange tea". Honestly, it tasted like hot chocolate that wasn't too sweet, and it was really good!
On the hunt in the backyard.


We dumped all the eggs into one bowl for the family and neighbors to share!

I love the evolution of her people!

 One of Juni's favorite things is to take a shower bath.
We run the shower with the bath plugged so they can enjoy the shower for a minute, then play in the bath once it is full. Otherwise, Juni would stand in that shower all day long!

We had some good family time this month, and getting to see them both really participate in Easter fun this year was a joy. I'm so thankful that our Alameda community provides so many free activities and festivals for kids. Although sometimes they can be over-crowded, or we may not stay too long, they have provided loads of fun in walking distance.
Juniper's pre-school knowledge is growing and her sister is appreciating the down time while she is away. It is only one day a week, so I originally thought Genevieve would enjoy doing some special things in that time, but I think what she loves most is just being quiet and keeping to herself. Playing with whatever toys she wants. Sitting wherever she wants. And not being bothered by anyone. Juniper is always excited to go to school and happy to see us when we pick her up. It really has been great for her. Genevieve gets so excited to pick Juni up. She waits on the sidewalk for Juni and runs to give her a giant hug each time. They may fight like crazy, but they love each other like crazy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment